Reiki is based on the premise that a universal life energy is present in all living things and when this energy becomes blocked, discomfort and disease can occur.
During a Reiki session, the practitioner facilitates the release of these energy blocks which activates the body’s natural healing processes to restore physical and emotional well-being. Reiki is non-invasive and can do no harm.
Animals respond well to Reiki treatments which can assist them to heal emotionally and physically in a very gentle way.
Reiki can be performed In-person, hands on or at a distance. Reiki is not limited by time, space or distance, which means Reiki energy can be received just as effectively the other side of the world as it can when the practitioner and animal are in the same room.
Animals determine how much Reiki they want to accept and for how long. They choose how they would like the Reiki to help them, which can be physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reiki is complementary to veterinary care.
Reiki can help your animal companion in many ways:
- by improving and maintaining overall well-being and balance
- by providing relief from the effects of arthritis, rheumatism or other debilitating conditions
- by accelerating the healing of post-surgical trauma, wounds, breaks and sprains.
- by delaying the onset and progression of certain diseases.
- by energizing and revitalizing an older animal.
- by soothing and calming highly strung, hyperactive or stressed animals.
- by helping to alleviate lethargy and depression.
- by helping with transitions such as moving house or introduction to, or loss of, another animal companion.
- by helping rescued animals adjust to their new surroundings and preparing them for a future in a stable family life.
- by providing comfort, relief from pain, fear or anxiety
- by comforting them, and their human companion(s), during their transition from this world to the next.
Signs that the animal is accepting the Reiki
Animals often relax when receiving Reiki energy. They may lie down, yawn or even fall asleep; however some animals become more energized, particularly following the session. It is important to have water available to them, as they often become very thirsty during and after a session. Water helps them to cleanse their system which helps restore balance.
How many sessions will be needed?
Each animal’s needs are different. Depending on the situation, results can be seen immediately or within a day or two. Sometimes it is necessary for the animal to have several sessions over a short period of time.
Combining Reiki and Animal Communication
Animal Reiki and Animal Communication work hand in hand. While both modalities are different and are effective when used separately, they also work well when used together, each complementing the other and enhancing the connection, which is why I also offer sessions for both.
For information about Sessions and Pricing, click here